Daoine Sidhe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» So we didn't end
Path of Exile Emptyby Magicu Wed Aug 27 2014, 13:13

» Warlords of Draenor
Path of Exile Emptyby Dorus Tue Nov 12 2013, 04:44

» Whats up guys!
Path of Exile Emptyby WUDY Thu Jul 18 2013, 06:29

» Rex`s thread of obnoxious, crazy, funnie and disturbing material (i am ze sex)
Path of Exile Emptyby Krosion Sun Jul 14 2013, 03:52

» Info for applicants
Path of Exile Emptyby Paranema Sun Jul 07 2013, 11:21

» Council of Elders heroic defeated!
Path of Exile Emptyby Paranema Sun Jul 07 2013, 11:13

» Horridon heroic down!
Path of Exile Emptyby Karnatz Fri Jun 14 2013, 09:26

» Dropping in to say hello
Path of Exile Emptyby WUDY Mon Jun 10 2013, 06:02

» Mogu'shan Vaults Heroic cleared!
Path of Exile Emptyby Paranema Sun Mar 03 2013, 11:03

Top posters
Dorus
Path of Exile I_vote_lcapPath of Exile I_voting_barPath of Exile I_vote_rcap 
Davyion
Krosion
Deano
Símca
Paranema
twilightlord
Rex
Kaileen
Demo

Path of Exile

Go down 
+3
Dorus
Davyion
Karnatz
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Karnatz

Karnatz

Path of Exile Empty
PostSubject: Path of Exile   Path of Exile EmptySat Jan 26 2013, 00:13

Well. since i've noticed a lot of you guys having d3 accs, this is what d3 should have been. it just went into open beta (but wont wipe levels), it is gonna be f2p model with microtransactions for visual bling and i've been playing it for 2 days now. It'll support league play(where league play are gonna be condition mini-tournaments irrelevant to your main char - Le'ts say 4 hour leveling race winner gets epix for his main char etc or pvp race etc) so you dont get bored farming with just your main, and even at hardcore if you die your character turns to softcore but stash remains hardcore. So hardcore ftw. The skill tree is massive, depending on your class you start close to certain passives on a huge tree and develop your char fitting to your playstyle. bow barbs? check. wand templars? check! melee mages? check! and also has pvp already even at HC. oh and the shaders used are magnificent. proper graphics not hidden unicorn levels and shit. Also the game has n ogold currency aka no pay to win ^^ just trading items i guess works

if you are into action rpg you should check it out. and yes, at points it has the gloomy scary feeling of d1. feels like the next best thing considering how bad diablo3 was and that's coming from someone with lvl60hc char and inferno clear 1rst week of d3 in sc :-P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfcvdEL-Woc
Back to top Go down
Davyion

Davyion

Path of Exile Empty
PostSubject: Re: Path of Exile   Path of Exile EmptySat Jan 26 2013, 05:58

I got it, just started playing and I already forgot which class I picked. Think it was Duelist or something. I'll keep you posted on what I think of it.
Back to top Go down
Dorus
Admin
Dorus

Path of Exile Empty
PostSubject: Re: Path of Exile   Path of Exile EmptySat Jan 26 2013, 06:51

From the video I really don't see it. Seems like a pure Diablo clone, with a gem system that has been done before, a huge skill tree that will probably mean many unviable options (Rift anyone?) and a combat system that's not as good as Diablo's. I love how the guy goes 'well yeah but Blizzard has more money'. I play games to enjoy myself, not to support a poor developer. If one combat system is better than the other, I'll stick with the better one.

I might be wrong of course Razz but it breathes clone so much. Sailing on the anti-Blizzard boat isn't enough to make a game work. A lot of mmo's had to find that out the hard way..
Back to top Go down
Karnatz

Karnatz

Path of Exile Empty
PostSubject: Re: Path of Exile   Path of Exile EmptySat Jan 26 2013, 07:15

the diablo combat system is not better. it's identical actually. and there is no inferno mode 1shots with health/resists builds that existed in diablo that was lol. i've just gotten to final act in normal difficulty and it is quite challenging already. also, the skill tree is actually awesome. i like the hybrid classes you can make in conjuction with the gem system and generic tree. everything is viable just you need to pick a route. i just posted the video to check it out not listen to the guy. it's actually pretty polished atm. since its free, you should rly download it cause it's 1000 times better than diablo3 already and you'll realise it as soon as you put some playtime on it ;P

@davy hope you picked hardcore league! got some neat weapons for you if so :p
Back to top Go down
Timelord

Timelord

Path of Exile Empty
PostSubject: Re: Path of Exile   Path of Exile EmptySat Jan 26 2013, 07:19

Tried it in closed beta, the combat felt very clunky to me. Also not a fan of the gritty look.
Back to top Go down
Paranema
Guild Master
Paranema

Path of Exile Empty
PostSubject: Re: Path of Exile   Path of Exile EmptySat Jan 26 2013, 10:01

I'll download it tomorrow and see how it is
Back to top Go down
Dorus
Admin
Dorus

Path of Exile Empty
PostSubject: Re: Path of Exile   Path of Exile EmptySat Jan 26 2013, 12:53

Karnatz wrote:
it's 1000 times better than diablo3 already

Rolling Eyes D3 was a letdown for sure, but every time a game comes out people go 'oh this is miles better', then two months later no one plays it anymore. I also don't think D3 is a 'bad' game for sure (they did fix the inferno thing by the way), it just lacked what D2 had.
When something is new, people always like it for a bit. When the newness wears off, very few games will keep standing (GW2 being an example, Star Wars, any of the older Diablo clones,...).
So it's viable to pick a witch and go strength route? Or go a bit of everything but not far in any tree?

Meh I personally have a big issue with 'clones'. It's like leeching off of the success of another game. Very few of those have actually become super succesful. If it becomes a thing, I'll check it out, the video just made me think 'oh another diablo clone' though. Same type combat, the tree system which just looked like a mess to me, the guy saying the combat was clunky (and he was biased as hell, so if he says it even then, I'm worried), and the gem system which is indeed different from most games (though nothing 'new') but it seemed more something that's there for the sake of being different.
That's how I interpreted the gameplay I saw though, ignoring the commentary where the guy went all 'this is cool' when he found a rare weapon.. How novel, dude! And a fireball flying into a monster, haha! We've never seen that before! (sorry the guy really got on my nerves Razz)
I'm not really into hack 'n slash games that much though, I played D3 cause.. well it's diablo.
Back to top Go down
Floe

Floe

Path of Exile Empty
PostSubject: Re: Path of Exile   Path of Exile EmptySat Jan 26 2013, 23:11

Playing it its pretty nice imo
Back to top Go down
http://www.sinnameon.com
Krosion
Officer
Krosion

Path of Exile Empty
PostSubject: Re: Path of Exile   Path of Exile EmptySun Jan 27 2013, 12:29

Long story short? IMO people will play Elder scrolls online due to its amazing graphics mainly. But I'm also interested in the things that the game will also have to offer. I personally can't wait for it, seeming I did play skyrim quite a lot Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Path of Exile Empty
PostSubject: Re: Path of Exile   Path of Exile Empty

Back to top Go down

Path of Exile
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Daoine Sidhe :: Daoine Sidhe :: Other Games-
Jump to: