Daoine Sidhe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» So we didn't end
Realm switch update: when and where Emptyby Magicu Wed Aug 27 2014, 13:13

» Warlords of Draenor
Realm switch update: when and where Emptyby Dorus Tue Nov 12 2013, 04:44

» Whats up guys!
Realm switch update: when and where Emptyby WUDY Thu Jul 18 2013, 06:29

» Rex`s thread of obnoxious, crazy, funnie and disturbing material (i am ze sex)
Realm switch update: when and where Emptyby Krosion Sun Jul 14 2013, 03:52

» Info for applicants
Realm switch update: when and where Emptyby Paranema Sun Jul 07 2013, 11:21

» Council of Elders heroic defeated!
Realm switch update: when and where Emptyby Paranema Sun Jul 07 2013, 11:13

» Horridon heroic down!
Realm switch update: when and where Emptyby Karnatz Fri Jun 14 2013, 09:26

» Dropping in to say hello
Realm switch update: when and where Emptyby WUDY Mon Jun 10 2013, 06:02

» Mogu'shan Vaults Heroic cleared!
Realm switch update: when and where Emptyby Paranema Sun Mar 03 2013, 11:03

Top posters
Dorus
Realm switch update: when and where I_vote_lcapRealm switch update: when and where I_voting_barRealm switch update: when and where I_vote_rcap 
Davyion
Realm switch update: when and where I_vote_lcapRealm switch update: when and where I_voting_barRealm switch update: when and where I_vote_rcap 
Krosion
Deano
Símca
Paranema
twilightlord
Rex
Kaileen
Demo

Realm switch update: when and where

Go down 
+3
Krosion
Símca
Dorus
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Dorus
Admin
Dorus

Realm switch update: when and where Empty
PostSubject: Realm switch update: when and where   Realm switch update: when and where EmptyWed Feb 01 2012, 14:04

After a lot of debate and research we finally agreed on a realm to transfer too. That realm will be RAGNAROS. I'll give a bit of detail on our criteria and why we selected this one.

First of all we wanted a high population realm. Outland was out cause that's actually full, and we don't want login queue's or the inability to make alts (locked realm).
Secondly we wanted a somewhat equal ratio, for several reasons. One is the fact that with MoP Blizzard would try to focus more on world PvP. Another is the possibility that a very imbalanced realm has the potential to go the way Karazhan did --> Ally transfers to Horde, Ally side dies out, Horde transfers away, server dies.
Thirdly we wanted a PvP realm. I don't think anyone wants an RP realm (Defias Brotherhood would've been great then Smile) and a PvE realm just feels.. bleh, even if world PvP doesn't happen a lot.

http://www.guildox.com/go/g.asp?a=11&w=EU&l=EN showed us a couple of viable options. We tried to stay in the 60/40 or 40/60 ratio for the balance criterium and a 'high' on the server selection screen (at least most of the times, not necessarily at 4 a.m.).

This left us with several choices:
- Bladefist
- Hakkar
- Bloodscalp
- Vek'nilash
- Mazrigos
- Crushridge
- Burning Legion
- Stormreaver
- Ragnaros

Vek'nilash, Mazrigos, Bladefist, Bloodscalp and Hakkar were excluded cause we didn't think the amount of players on them was high enough compared to the others.
We then ran into the unexpected problem of language. Apparently some servers were quite heavily dominated by language groups. Crushridge took the cake here. It was a very sweet server.. if you spoke Italian (Hakkar actually had the same problem). Blizzard might not have made actual Italian servers, but those guys just carved out their own little piece of Italy on some English servers. Even trade was largely in Italian. Burning Legion had a similar problem, but with Polish guilds. It wasn't nearly as bad as Crushridge, but it was still very noticeable and quite annoying. So we scratched that.

That left us with Stormreaver and Ragnaros. Stormreaver had a slight language problem as well (Finnish if I recall correctly). Ragnaros isn't completely exempt from this (top guilds being Hungarian) but it was definitely less noticeable. However Ragnaros has a balance that is slightly in favor of Alliance (43/57 on GuildOx) whereas Stormreaver is a bit more Horde dominated (60/40). After more research (realm forums, logging on the servers at several points in time, a lot of /who's, checking AH and trade as well as guild finder) we found that Ragnaros felt a bit better than Stormreaver. The balance of a bit more Alliance wasn't noticeable at all, whereas the language issue was a bit more noticeable on Stormreaver. Also Ragnaros' realm forums are very positive about the server. Most realm forums are full of complaining about their server, Ragnaros' ones barely had any of that (http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/941591/).
So that put our final decision on Ragnaros.

Why this whole explanation? Well obviously if you're following us in the transfer (and I hope most do, if not there's a topic you should've posted in!), you're paying money. You're paying for something based on a decision 'we' made. Which is kinda shit, cause if we make the wrong decision.. you get the idea (in firms people get paid for this kind of shit, and if they mess up they get a nice check with the message to take the money 'n fuck off). So we felt it's best you knew how we came to this decision.

We are not transferring for another 2-3 weeks. I will announce the exact date a couple of days (a week?) before I do the actual guild transfer. This should give you plenty of time to say your goodbyes on Karazhan, gently cut loose your emotional ties with the server, prepare a goodbye ceremony, kiss 'n make up with your archenemy,... Smile
It also allows you all the opportunity to comment/criticise/add to/... our decision. If you think you have a great idea of a server that's definitely better, we'll surely look into it (if you tell us 'why' you think it's better ofcourse), if something is not clear or whatever, post in this topic and we'll happily discuss it here.

If not, well, I hope you all join us, and here's to a better Daoine Sidhe on Ragnaros drunken
Back to top Go down
Símca

Símca

PostSubject: Re: Realm switch update: when and where   Realm switch update: when and where EmptyWed Feb 01 2012, 21:14

woop i said to jonny - niftydk that it would be this relm /flex just what can i say *Rub shoulder* ^^ cant wait for the transfer and hope you all come with us. Smile
Back to top Go down
Krosion
Officer
Krosion

PostSubject: Re: Realm switch update: when and where   Realm switch update: when and where EmptyThu Feb 02 2012, 02:26

Best carry on leveling my hunter then Razz just to add to what dorus stated before.. If anyone that isn't transferring then you should have already posted in that forum so it lets us know who is coming etc.

This is also stated on the guild message of the day so its not like it can be avoided Very Happy
The more people we get the better start we will have on our new realm.
Back to top Go down
Símca

Símca

PostSubject: Re: Realm switch update: when and where   Realm switch update: when and where EmptyThu Feb 02 2012, 06:00

correct i hope most people come it will be hard to forget them :'(
Back to top Go down
Modnoc

Modnoc

PostSubject: Re: Realm switch update: when and where   Realm switch update: when and where EmptyFri Feb 03 2012, 15:44

I havnt been on in ages I know but that has been to my laptop progressivly worse where it wont start wow up so im trying to find my back up discs to fully system restore and hopefully sort the problem. I will be moveing with you as and when I have money :-) . The realm sounds brilliant and im glad such a great effort has been put into this transfer to make sure it suits as many people possible :-)
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=733583697
Dorus
Admin
Dorus

PostSubject: Re: Realm switch update: when and where   Realm switch update: when and where EmptySat Feb 04 2012, 01:16

Heh I was actually thinking about you this morning in bed Modnoc. Like where you were. Yes, this is the point where you start worrying, a lot Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Nortek

Nortek

PostSubject: Re: Realm switch update: when and where   Realm switch update: when and where EmptySat Feb 04 2012, 01:23

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
Back to top Go down
Davyion

Davyion

PostSubject: Re: Realm switch update: when and where   Realm switch update: when and where EmptySat Feb 04 2012, 01:29

What a smelly faggot. I was thinking masturbating with a jar of cucumbers. Needless to say, we're all out of cucumbers now.
Back to top Go down
Modnoc

Modnoc

PostSubject: Re: Realm switch update: when and where   Realm switch update: when and where EmptySat Feb 04 2012, 12:54

Ok maybe I wont be transfering after all with that comment from dorus ^_^. Davy why no cucumbers? You filled dorus' arse with them ??? But on a serious note my laptop is now renamed an acer pile'o'shite. Gladfully I should be getting money over easter to start my gaming pc build aswell :-D
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=733583697
WUDY

WUDY

PostSubject: Re: Realm switch update: when and where   Realm switch update: when and where EmptyThu Feb 09 2012, 02:43

Dorus if u ever think of me while your lying in bed.... Dont ever tell me!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Realm switch update: when and where   Realm switch update: when and where Empty

Back to top Go down

Realm switch update: when and where
Page 1 of 1