Daoine Sidhe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» So we didn't end
spell casters.... specificaly locks.... specifically krosion and flam Emptyby Magicu Wed Aug 27 2014, 13:13

» Warlords of Draenor
spell casters.... specificaly locks.... specifically krosion and flam Emptyby Dorus Tue Nov 12 2013, 04:44

» Whats up guys!
spell casters.... specificaly locks.... specifically krosion and flam Emptyby WUDY Thu Jul 18 2013, 06:29

» Rex`s thread of obnoxious, crazy, funnie and disturbing material (i am ze sex)
spell casters.... specificaly locks.... specifically krosion and flam Emptyby Krosion Sun Jul 14 2013, 03:52

» Info for applicants
spell casters.... specificaly locks.... specifically krosion and flam Emptyby Paranema Sun Jul 07 2013, 11:21

» Council of Elders heroic defeated!
spell casters.... specificaly locks.... specifically krosion and flam Emptyby Paranema Sun Jul 07 2013, 11:13

» Horridon heroic down!
spell casters.... specificaly locks.... specifically krosion and flam Emptyby Karnatz Fri Jun 14 2013, 09:26

» Dropping in to say hello
spell casters.... specificaly locks.... specifically krosion and flam Emptyby WUDY Mon Jun 10 2013, 06:02

» Mogu'shan Vaults Heroic cleared!
spell casters.... specificaly locks.... specifically krosion and flam Emptyby Paranema Sun Mar 03 2013, 11:03

Top posters
Dorus
spell casters.... specificaly locks.... specifically krosion and flam I_vote_lcapspell casters.... specificaly locks.... specifically krosion and flam I_voting_barspell casters.... specificaly locks.... specifically krosion and flam I_vote_rcap 
Davyion
spell casters.... specificaly locks.... specifically krosion and flam I_vote_lcapspell casters.... specificaly locks.... specifically krosion and flam I_voting_barspell casters.... specificaly locks.... specifically krosion and flam I_vote_rcap 
Krosion
Deano
Símca
Paranema
twilightlord
Rex
Kaileen
Demo

spell casters.... specificaly locks.... specifically krosion and flam

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Modnoc

Modnoc

spell casters.... specificaly locks.... specifically krosion and flam Empty
PostSubject: spell casters.... specificaly locks.... specifically krosion and flam   spell casters.... specificaly locks.... specifically krosion and flam EmptyTue Nov 22 2011, 22:48

What the hell is up with the lack of mastery in 4.3. Is the idea that they are makeing destruction the prime build again so you run Int>haste>crit>mastery??? Because if this is the case im pretty fucked at the start of the patch as im stacking mastery which means with the lack of mastery in 4.3 im not going to benifit much at all until I start stacking haste and crit again
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=733583697
Deano

Deano

PostSubject: Re: spell casters.... specificaly locks.... specifically krosion and flam   spell casters.... specificaly locks.... specifically krosion and flam EmptyWed Nov 23 2011, 00:02

Well for one you now get 3 sockets in major items such as legs chest belt so with the extra gem sockets surly it might be viable to gem int mastery or what not idk i doubt it will hit you that bad Razz
Back to top Go down
Modnoc

Modnoc

PostSubject: Re: spell casters.... specificaly locks.... specifically krosion and flam   spell casters.... specificaly locks.... specifically krosion and flam EmptyWed Nov 23 2011, 02:25

To me it looks,like spell casters will be stacking int>haste>crit>mastery which previously was priority for destruction so im guessing demonology is going to be made more effective to be used with that priority but either way I will be looking to replace EVERYTHING in 4.3 anyway so you know but I was wanting a spell caster that has played ptr to tell me as I havnt played ptr so I can maybe plan for the change :-)
Back to top Go down
Deano

Deano

PostSubject: Re: spell casters.... specificaly locks.... specifically krosion and flam   spell casters.... specificaly locks.... specifically krosion and flam EmptyWed Nov 23 2011, 03:42

I take it you have only seen boss loot right and not valor loot considering you can fill every piece with valor apart from shoulders weaps they valor gear might have mastery makes no sence to just abandon caster cloth gear having mastery when its some classes most powerfull stat mebey they got rid of a bit because they realised how powerfull it was ???
Back to top Go down
Krosion
Officer
Krosion

PostSubject: Re: spell casters.... specificaly locks.... specifically krosion and flam   spell casters.... specificaly locks.... specifically krosion and flam EmptyWed Nov 23 2011, 04:02

Affliction basically stays the same. still get soulshards etc. im tempted to go back to destro purely because of the "infernal ember" special. i read this on a forum:

"Casting Incinerate on an immolated target builds up Infernal Embers, which increase the power of your next single Conflagrate or Soul Fire by 10% each. That ability uses all of the embers you have."

so basically locks will mainly use immolate and spam incinerate until they have loads of embers. also would be good to see a lock on fire lol bounce bounce

so in other words.. you could put immolate up, spam incinerate and then get like a 100% soul fire damage increase. bit similiar to how arcane blasts works.
Back to top Go down
Flamouxx-DS

PostSubject: Re: spell casters.... specificaly locks.... specifically krosion and flam   spell casters.... specificaly locks.... specifically krosion and flam EmptyWed Nov 23 2011, 06:56

I also happen to be geared for Affliction, so I shouldn't have to much of a problem when 4.3 hits.

I was also thinking of trying out destruction in 4.3 it sounds pretty nice, with the infernal embers like Krosion said.
I still reckon I'll play affliction, unless destruction or demonology has a major dps advantage over it. Smile
Back to top Go down
Krosion
Officer
Krosion

PostSubject: Re: spell casters.... specificaly locks.... specifically krosion and flam   spell casters.... specificaly locks.... specifically krosion and flam EmptyWed Nov 23 2011, 07:58

yeh affliction still remains simple in 4.3 but will be trying destro again for sure.
Back to top Go down
Modnoc

Modnoc

PostSubject: Re: spell casters.... specificaly locks.... specifically krosion and flam   spell casters.... specificaly locks.... specifically krosion and flam EmptyWed Nov 23 2011, 14:14

reading up the 4.3 ptr patch notes, destro is getting buffed the fuck up to hell so i personaly think its ment to be destructions time to shine as i cant even remember a patch where destruction was actualy the best lock spec... its always been the average one
Back to top Go down
Nyxor

Nyxor

PostSubject: Re: spell casters.... specificaly locks.... specifically krosion and flam   spell casters.... specificaly locks.... specifically krosion and flam EmptyThu Nov 24 2011, 06:54

Lol... Affliction remains "simple"? Destro has never been complicated in comparison.

Affliction has been dumbed down over the patches to bring it in line with the level of general retardation in the game today.
In Naxx and OS you had to keep 6-7 DoTs up.. while spamming filler and changing to DS in the kill phase.

Destro only became "complicated" (and I use the word lightly) in Cata.
Before then its was simply, Immo, Conf, CB and spam Incinerate till your keys melted.

I played Destro throughout Wrath and tbh, it was the tits. Massive burst damage and I wasn't touched by Demo locks.
Affliction on the other hand has always been the highest DPS raid spec for locks. This was more so the case when the rotation was more complicated. When clipping DoTs was the end of the world.
Aff in my opinion, generated high DPS becuase it required you to have some skill at managing DoTs, not just face rolling filler... This ofcourse was in the days when you could still have loads of DoTs on a target.
If you couldnt time them, you didnt do the damage.
If you could, other locks would moan because of your "IMBA-ness". Razz

When I returned to WoW, I must say, I was massively dissapointed with Destro. To the point, where I've somehow ended up playing a Mage. Sad
If would love to see Destro be competitive again. If it was I would consider playing it again. Affliction however is still daddy...

And all this talk of locks makes me want to reroll to my lock...
One of you noobs roll and gear a mage in the next week so I can play my lock as my main again yeah? Safety boys! Surprised
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: spell casters.... specificaly locks.... specifically krosion and flam   spell casters.... specificaly locks.... specifically krosion and flam Empty

Back to top Go down

spell casters.... specificaly locks.... specifically krosion and flam
Page 1 of 1