Daoine Sidhe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» So we didn't end
4.0.1 - Your perspective Emptyby Magicu Wed Aug 27 2014, 13:13

» Warlords of Draenor
4.0.1 - Your perspective Emptyby Dorus Tue Nov 12 2013, 04:44

» Whats up guys!
4.0.1 - Your perspective Emptyby WUDY Thu Jul 18 2013, 06:29

» Rex`s thread of obnoxious, crazy, funnie and disturbing material (i am ze sex)
4.0.1 - Your perspective Emptyby Krosion Sun Jul 14 2013, 03:52

» Info for applicants
4.0.1 - Your perspective Emptyby Paranema Sun Jul 07 2013, 11:21

» Council of Elders heroic defeated!
4.0.1 - Your perspective Emptyby Paranema Sun Jul 07 2013, 11:13

» Horridon heroic down!
4.0.1 - Your perspective Emptyby Karnatz Fri Jun 14 2013, 09:26

» Dropping in to say hello
4.0.1 - Your perspective Emptyby WUDY Mon Jun 10 2013, 06:02

» Mogu'shan Vaults Heroic cleared!
4.0.1 - Your perspective Emptyby Paranema Sun Mar 03 2013, 11:03

Top posters
Dorus
4.0.1 - Your perspective I_vote_lcap4.0.1 - Your perspective I_voting_bar4.0.1 - Your perspective I_vote_rcap 
Davyion
4.0.1 - Your perspective I_vote_lcap4.0.1 - Your perspective I_voting_bar4.0.1 - Your perspective I_vote_rcap 
Krosion
Deano
Símca
Paranema
twilightlord
Rex
Kaileen
Demo

4.0.1 - Your perspective

Go down 
+3
patis
Dorus
Davyion
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Davyion

Davyion

4.0.1 - Your perspective Empty
PostSubject: 4.0.1 - Your perspective   4.0.1 - Your perspective EmptyThu Oct 14 2010, 05:57

So, as the Cataclysm Systems patch ran out, alot has changed. Made this topic as to sort of "clear the air" on what happened to classes, as we have plenty of people that are really well aware of their class. What you like/dislike about the changes made to your class - some helping notes on trees for others to follow, what ever it is, speak your mind.
Back to top Go down
Dorus
Admin
Dorus

PostSubject: Re: 4.0.1 - Your perspective   4.0.1 - Your perspective EmptyThu Oct 14 2010, 06:40

First! I'll give my thoughts on the warrior here Razz but need a bit of experience first.
Back to top Go down
patis

PostSubject: Re: 4.0.1 - Your perspective   4.0.1 - Your perspective EmptyThu Oct 14 2010, 11:15

Hmm from what i hear some are mad some are not and some are just like dope (a girl) or demo ( transexual) Just loding it down now give more upptades whene i can try it out myself. Not been playing for a will been looking for a apartment. Her is what i am hoping to get for me and my girl and my baby boy who will bee born in feb http://www.finn.no/finn/realestate/lettings/object?finnkode=24906548&sid=sid/2010/10/15/0/xz0991287095527015y
Back to top Go down
Flamouxx-DS

PostSubject: Re: 4.0.1 - Your perspective   4.0.1 - Your perspective EmptyThu Oct 14 2010, 20:25

Paladin tanking = QQ

Paladin healing = win
Back to top Go down
Dorus
Admin
Dorus

PostSubject: Re: 4.0.1 - Your perspective   4.0.1 - Your perspective EmptyThu Oct 14 2010, 20:51

Meh, might as well make another post Razz On DPS warriors.

Arms hasn't changed terribly much I have the feeling. Yes you can slam while running, which is nice (although sucks if you want to cancel it). But the basic rotation 'n stuff is kinda the same. My main beef with arms is bladestorm. You should 'not' use it on single target, as it's a DPS loss. What?! Wait.. what?!
So using our 31 point talent on bosses or in PvP on single target is a DPS 'loss'?!

Fury.. well fury.. The numbers are off. I was actually lowest in DPS in ICC quite a few times. Together with Davy. We topped before. I'm in full 264, my gear is enchanted, gemmed and reforged properly. Hope that gets fixed.
The rotation is.. complex. Going from a 4 sec 8 sec cd rotation with heroic strike spam and slam on proc we go to a 3 and 6 sec cd rotation with heroic strike if rage allows. My main problem is raging blow. You need to be enraged for it. Which is a 9% chance on auto hits (9 sec). Apart from that --> cooldowns. Bloodrage is gone, so berserker rage needs to be used when enrage falls off.

I think fury has gotten a tad too complex. Mashing heroic strike without rage management was kinda dumb. That rage management is back. But coupled with 'enrage management' and your cooldowns going from 4 - 8 to 3 - 6 the rotation is really intense and leaves me little room for other things (like raid leading). Maybe I'll get used to it but I don't know. I want to be able to relax at least 'a bit' more.

Protection I have no idea Razz

Last edited by Dorus on Fri Oct 15 2010, 01:02; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dorus
Admin
Dorus

PostSubject: Re: 4.0.1 - Your perspective   4.0.1 - Your perspective EmptyThu Oct 14 2010, 20:57

Oh and pallies. Like Flam says, Holy seems great fun. Dunno bout prot. Ret seems to suffer from the same problem as Fury. I love the concept but it's complex. They want to force it in more of a support role (you get a damage buff if you use holy power to heal). Which is cool. And you gotta love 'long arm of the law' Very Happy

P.s. funny topic to post this in Pat. The place seems nice Smile hope you get it. Do you have a name for the boy yet?
Back to top Go down
Davyion

Davyion

PostSubject: Re: 4.0.1 - Your perspective   4.0.1 - Your perspective EmptyFri Oct 15 2010, 00:10

So let's get started on hunting, shall we.
First of all, ammo and mana are gone, which i LOVE. Well, focus is still something you need to get used to because of the really weird numbers on your skills. 44 for chimera, 22 for arcane. Yes, arcane. My arch nemesis from before, is now in my main rotation, constantly in top-4 of my damage dealers. I can't say theres a line between survival and marksman gear anymore, before it was auto shot, steady shot + armor pen = marksman dps, and agility + critical + explosive shot = survival dps. It's pretty much the same now, as most of your gemming WILL go to agility because agi = 2 attack power and some crit along that.

The rotation, uhh, yeah.. I don't think survival suffers too much under what marksman suffers, because survival should be serpent sting, black arrow, explosive shot, steady shot (once or twice), explosive shot again, and whenever it procs with T.N.T. Since i don't know the focus cost, the amount of steadys can vary.
With marksmanship on the other hand, it's more like serpent, chimera, steady x 2, arcane x 2, steady x 2 again and then chimera. The problem i have with this is that they removed the +6 second serpent sting glyph from the game(which is gonna return in the face of cobra shot, thank god), and now it lasts 15 seconds, so it's gonna be hard maintaining your dps and keeping serpent up. Yeah, because you will, you WILL want to use kill shot whenever you have that extra 40 focus. My pet did like 50k damage with 11 kill commands, so basically if you fit about 20 kill commands per boss into your rotation, you've got yourself an extra 100k damage, which is really nice. Then again, if you start fiddling with your kill command, and having that as priority to your own rotation, your dps will suffer.
Oh and don't get me started on aimed shot. They fucked it up. It used to be my top-4, now it's my last skill. You can ONLY (well, you will only want to) use it whenever you get 5 stacks of the steady, aim, fire buff. That doesn't happen oh too often, but when it does you're gonna use it. It still does a reasonable amount of damage, but to have it on a 3 second cast without that buff - that is pretty fucked up.

The numbers, yeah, as Dorus said, they're screwed. We did about 10k - 12k regions of DPS, whereas yesterday my average was like 7k. On my best try at Saurfang normal, with really focusing on my rotation and not on the beasts, i just got 9,5k. Ridiculous.

//Edit: I really like the new idea for kill shot. Which, if glyphed means you can shoot two kill shots in a row, with an 11 second cooldown... but the damage it puts out is fucking awful
Back to top Go down
Dorus
Admin
Dorus

PostSubject: Re: 4.0.1 - Your perspective   4.0.1 - Your perspective EmptySat Oct 16 2010, 03:57

Ehhh, for fury. Forget slam atm and use heroic strike on cooldown. It's ridiculously strong. Not a rage dump at all right now.
Back to top Go down
Dyna
Admin
Dyna

PostSubject: Re: 4.0.1 - Your perspective   4.0.1 - Your perspective EmptySat Oct 16 2010, 04:43

Paladin tanking is still the same, some minor nerfs on survivability.

Priest Disc is so fucking much fun, i love it Razz

Feral Druid DPS is a bit more complicates as before, i dont mind that. But heard they are getting buffed, so gonna wait with it for a while.
Back to top Go down
https://daoinesidhe.forumotion.com
Toadindehole

PostSubject: Re: 4.0.1 - Your perspective   4.0.1 - Your perspective EmptySat Oct 16 2010, 11:29

Seems liek I'll comment on DK dps, as I have yet to test out the tanking aspect - nor will I until some things are fixed :>.

Anyways, my favourite thing about 4.0.1 is the fact frost has 2h capabilities again finally! <3

For dual wield frosties not much has changed, except for the fact howling blast replaces icy touch entirely and is more 'spammable' due to the high rime procs, 0 cooldown, and only 1 frost rune. Also Obliterate is now on the killing machine guaranteed crit list and howling blast has been removed which is great, though I tend to find I still end up using frost strike on the procs due to obliterate being on cooldown and leaving killing machine up to be a dps loss. The addition of mastery brought me a dilemma as to wether I should reforge to haste or mastery, I've gone for a mix so I have 20% haste and 14.14 mastery from gear, but my crit has taken a dive - down to 25% - which isn't too bad due to the killing machine procs being in abundance. Mastery is really nice for frost DK's as it increases our frost dmg by 2% for every point, I'm upto 28% which is making my frost strikes and howling blasts crit like champs <3

I have yet to test festering strike as I'm busy getting to grips with forcing myself to re-learn my rotations for my Dk and my shaman D: But I'm coping well, doing anywhere between 10-14k dps outside of ICC when I don't get recked due to OP threat generation.

Unholy dps seems to be alot more fun aswell, with dark transformation and the new version of hysteria. I have yet to fully test it as my gear is all set for frost now and isn't hit capped in unholy. I'll probably test it soon when I actually get into a ICC which isn't looking for a tank, who are probably cutting themselves, for two hours Sad.
Back to top Go down
Dyna
Admin
Dyna

PostSubject: Re: 4.0.1 - Your perspective   4.0.1 - Your perspective EmptySat Oct 16 2010, 20:47

How about signing up for our runs? Smile
Back to top Go down
Toadindehole

PostSubject: Re: 4.0.1 - Your perspective   4.0.1 - Your perspective EmptyMon Oct 18 2010, 04:47

Dyna wrote:
How about signing up for our runs? Smile

I only just re-joined :> (If this was aimed at me) And as such didn't want to intrude on someone else's spot If I was included in the line up.
Back to top Go down
Kaileen

Kaileen

PostSubject: Re: 4.0.1 - Your perspective   4.0.1 - Your perspective EmptyTue Oct 19 2010, 01:33

Holy is imba, no more blind spamming of FoL or HL.

We've got 7 heals skills now, 2 buffs that come with casting and according to those buffs you need to use corresponding heals.

Holy Paladins are FORCED to Holy Shock now, which should have been like that from the very creation of the class, love it Smile

Tanking on the other hand...

Crusader Strike - wtf is that? It Shares CD with Hammer of Righteousness (the 31 Tanking talent, Aoe) and does HALF it's dmg. Blizz said it's for single tanking. Fuck that, HoR still does more dmg/threat.

Avengers Shield is the second on Top 3 dmg skills. WTF? A 30 sec CD skill is second? Yes, cause due to the proc you can use it 3 times in 10 seconds Smile Doesn't daze anymore though, unless you glyph it.

Sacred Shield is gone. It's painful if you are a freak like me and you're grinding reps/shit in old HCs, or just generally soloes things. You take shitloads of dmg while soloing now, but due to Holy Power and Word of Glory (insta heal based on Holy Power) I can overlook that change.

And finnaly for all you naysayers, they removed the dmg from Paladin single taunt Smile

Threat generation drop A LOT, and taht is for all tanks. I talked to other people and they have trouble holding aggro on single mobs in HCs, but that was pre-nerf of the caster classes so I need to check it now.

All considered I am taking the patch pretty ok and I hope all in Holy line stays.

AND! Aoe for Shamanaaaaas! woot woot.

Back to top Go down
Dorus
Admin
Dorus

PostSubject: Re: 4.0.1 - Your perspective   4.0.1 - Your perspective EmptyTue Oct 19 2010, 01:59

What I do not like is that you 'have' to use holy shock for holy power. I love how they make it mana efficient and it fastens up your other heals. But you can't really 'save' it. That'll cost you both holy power and casting speed (and something else if it crits).

About the threat: neither Dyna nor Toxic had troubles with that. Avenger shield (was it that) critting for 40k is a tad.. over the top.
Back to top Go down
Kaileen

Kaileen

PostSubject: Re: 4.0.1 - Your perspective   4.0.1 - Your perspective EmptyTue Oct 19 2010, 05:53

Like I said, those are my thoughts from the day of the patch launch. Haven't been online since then (Xeona logged my chars for dailies and shit).

Avengers Shield is the prot talent only (as in it's deep in prot tree). 40k tho, kinda doubt it's possible. Before the patch it was 7k tops. I don't think they buffed it so much. Especially with a 30% chance to refresh it's CD whenever you crit with Crusader/HoR.

About Holy Shock. You have to use it, it's the single best heal in the game and 100$ to Blizz for making it Holy Power generator. Add a proc and you can Holy Shock twice! *orgasm*
Back to top Go down
Dyna
Admin
Dyna

PostSubject: Re: 4.0.1 - Your perspective   4.0.1 - Your perspective EmptyTue Oct 19 2010, 06:06

it was a shield bash with 3 holy power
Back to top Go down
Dorus
Admin
Dorus

PostSubject: Re: 4.0.1 - Your perspective   4.0.1 - Your perspective EmptyTue Oct 19 2010, 06:58

Actually on a proc you should shock --> normal heal --> shock --> normal heal so you can make use of the 30% speed twice Very Happy if time allows it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 4.0.1 - Your perspective   4.0.1 - Your perspective EmptyTue Oct 19 2010, 21:13

4.0.1 sucks
gogo gief 4.0.2 !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 4.0.1 - Your perspective   4.0.1 - Your perspective Empty

Back to top Go down

4.0.1 - Your perspective
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Daoine Sidhe :: Daoine Sidhe :: The Courtyard-
Jump to: